Fans of computer games know well thatthe quality of the video card affects the quality of the game. After all, today games are done with very beautiful graphics, and the more beautiful and detailed the graphics, the more powerful and better the video card will be needed.
Those who are just going to update their video card or purchase a new computer, it's useful this article, in which we'll figure out which video card is better for games.
Components and main characteristics of the video card
- Videochip - the main factor that affects the processing speed of graphic information. According to the characteristics of different chips from different manufacturers do not compare, it is necessary to conduct tests on the Internet.
- Video memory - DDR, DDR2, GDDR3, GDDR4, GDDR5. The more, of course, the better and, which is not so pleasant, more expensive. But the price usually justifies the quality.
- The frequency of memory depends on the type of video card. The higher the value, the faster the device works.
- The width of the bus is from 64 to 768 bits. This is the amount of information that can be transmitted by the video card at a time.
- Memory. A weak card (in frequency) can not cope with large volumes. For example: a 512 MB card and a 384 bus will work much faster than a memory card with a capacity of 1024 MB and with a 128-bit bus. Pay attention to the frequency and bus, and not the amount of memory.
Types of video cards
The performance of a video card depends on many factors, but most of all - on the architecture of the chip and its immediate characteristics. Video cards can be divided into internal and external:
- Built for high-end games, most likely, will not work because of the quality. It though also comprehensible, but not ideal.
- External is perfect for working with difficult graphics applications (for example, modern video games).
In addition, video cards can be divided and for the price:
- Budget - well suited for players whoplay only from time to time. This card is suitable if the old video card is burned, and you are looking for something to replace it. This is an inexpensive and optimal option. Usually the bus in such cards is 128 bits, and the volume is 512 or 1024 MB. This kind also includes already obsolete maps. As progress does not stand still, new, more and more perfect video cards are coming out, while old ones are falling in price. Such cards include the following:
- NVidia - GeForce GT440, GT540, GT630 / 640 and others.
- AMD - RadeOn HD4830, HD5670, HD6670, HD7730 and others.
- Medium - great for bringing"Insides" of the computer in a modern look. With such a card, you can play games that are out now, perhaps even with high resolution. Here the value of the bus is already greater - 256-384 bits, the volume remains about 1024 MB, but this is more than enough. These are the maps:
- for NVidia: GeForce GTS450, GTX560 (Ti) and GTX650 (Ti).
- for AMD: RadeOn HD6770, HD6850, HD7850, HD7770, HD7790 and others.
- A high class is, of course, an ideal option. The best of the best, the most powerful video card with high performance and large bus width. Such cards consume a lot of computer power and require the same powerful components of the system unit, since they have more than two graphics processors. But the cost, of course, can reach the price of the computer itself. But only after a couple of years, its value will drop, and new, even more "heaped" video cards will come out. But, nevertheless, this is the card with which the game will not "slow down". Such cards include:
- NVidia: models GeForce GTX670, GTX680, GTX690, GTX760, GTX770, GTX780 Titan, etc
- AMD: models RadeOn HD6870, HD6950 / 70/90, HD7870, HD7950 / 70/90, R9 270X, R9 280X, R9 290X and others.
Based on this information, you will be able to choose the video card by your pocket, which will meet all your requirements.