Good afternoon, dear readers of the online magazine World Mans. Today I found interesting information that is needed by everyone, from which there is a huge current in our everyday life. Will monthly utility bills soon drive you into debt? Do not despair. This problem is familiar to many. Unfortunately, the actual amounts that we pay for servicing and comfortable living in our own apartments often threaten to outgrow four-digit numbers, and the quality of these services remains rather controversial. What measures to take in order to live like a human, and not to go broke on housing and communal services? The answer is obvious - you need to save. Let me give a few recommendations on the topic: how to save electricity, in an apartment, house, cottage, so let's start.
15 options to save
Despite the fact that each room in a modern house is equipped with technical devices, willingly using all the blessings of civilization, you can significantly save on electricity, if you know how to properly use household appliances.
A few recommendations for those who have already figured out where to spend the money saved on electricity.
- The well-known proverb says: “When you quit, turn off the light!” To paraphrase it a little, you can add not only light, but also computers, televisions, microwaves and other consumer electronics. For your information, even the turned off master equipment continues to work and waste the energy it needs. For example, a computer that you carefully sent into standby mode spends on average up to 3.5 kW per month. Therefore, make yourself a rule to turn off all appliances from the outlet every time you leave your home for a long time.
- At the moment when another incandescent bulb blows, consider replacing it with more modern energy-saving lamps. This new product will allow you to save on electricity very well, besides, it will last 7 times longer. Of course, it is a bit more expensive than ordinary light bulbs, so familiar to our eyes. And yet do not be stingy: for the first year of operation, this acquisition will pay for itself completely. There is another feature of energy-saving lamps, is that they flare up for a long time.To fully illuminate the room of such a lamp will take several minutes. Any discomfort this circumstance can cause you when using corridor rooms, where, as a rule, no one is delayed. In such cases, it is more expedient to purchase an energy-saving lamp of greater power. And in the corridor it will always be light, even when the lamp is warming up, and you will spend less on lighting.
- Thinking about buying a new home appliances, pay attention to its class. Designations on the labels of class A, A +, A ++, say that before you is a modern model that can reduce your electricity costs by 30%.
- Surprisingly, even an electric kettle, if you use it at the right time to heat a specific amount of water can help save you money. Do not forget just in time to clean it from scale. And the water boils faster, and the kettle will have to work less. Another trick. If you cook on an electric stove, boil water for cooking in an electric kettle, and then, pour over the saucepan, send it to the stove. The water in the kettle boils much faster, which, respectively, and will save.
- Remember that a heated electric stove, even after it is turned off, can remain hot for a long time. Use this feature when cooking, and keep saving. Also the rational use of heat emitted by the burners will be facilitated by properly selected dishes.
- Try to defrost your refrigerator periodically. This action will allow him not to spend extra energy on enhanced freezing. It is also good to put it in a separate place from the stove, the battery and the window so that sunlight does not fall on it.
- Using the washing machine, try to load into it as much linen as required by the instructions. Washing less or more things will require up to 30% extra energy.
- If you are going to iron, distribute the laundry in such a way that in the end there are small details that can be ironed off, with a cooling iron.
- More energy will require a vacuum cleaner with dirty filters. Such an apparatus is more difficult to work with, and it begins to spend more power. Therefore, take care of the timely replacement or cleaning of removable filters.
- Many modern PCs have a very appreciative power saving mode. Thanks to this feature, resource savings will be up to 50%. Do not forget to connect this important setting.
- Use the air conditioner only with the windows and doors closed. Do not waste electricity to heat the street.
- Use mainly room lighting with spotlights. It would be so much more economical than switching on the chandelier all the time, which would be useless to give light to places you don’t need.
- Use the sunlight. Open the curtains, remove tall plants from the window sills, give natural light a chance to bring light into your life. Wash windows frequently. Dirt and dust can reduce light transmission by 30%.
- If you can install an electricity meter in your house, payment for which differs by about 30% during the daytime and at night, be sure to take advantage of this opportunity. You will have a real chance to cut your energy costs at times. You can turn on the most energy-intensive appliances at night (washing machine, heating boiler, heat the heated floor), thereby saving significant funds.A meter that counts energy differently day and night will be installed, you will be helped in the RES, there the meter will be sealed and all necessary papers will be issued. The average price of this device will be about 2000 hryvnia.
- In Europe, where they understand how to save money, the “Smart Home” system has long been used very actively. Today we have the opportunity to install it in their apartments. It represents a whole complex of devices and sensors that react to the slightest changes in space. This system allows you to use 10 times less energy. The only negative - a significant price. Of course, in time she will pay for herself completely. But it will take a lot of time.